2017 Mantis Original ComposTumbler
The Original ComposTumbler
Makes compost in as little as a few weeks!
Here’s the garden composting product that started a revolutionary new way to make compost nearly 40 years ago! It’s easy to load. This batch composter has the largest capacity of any we offer – it holds up to 18 bushels It’s easy to turn. It saves time and labor while providing you with a steady supply of your own homemade compost in just two weeks (or less!)
Easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Just load it.
2. Give it a few spins, then give it a few spins every day for 2 weeks.
3. In just a few weeks take out your finished compost.
- Holds 18 bushels of materials: so you can make bigger batches of compost at a time.
- Convenient, gear-driven, easy-to-spin handle: makes it easy to turn even a fully loaded drum.
- Aeration/drainage units on the door: allow the proper air intake for oxygen-hungry bacteria and the release of excess moisture, without spilled compost.
- Interior mixing fins: assure thorough mixing as you turn the drum. Prevents material from sticking to the sides. Produces faster decomposition.
- Sturdy, powder-coated galvannealed steel wall construction: is rust resisant, gives long-lasting use batch after batch.
- Drum Capacity: 22 cu. ft. Holds up to 18 bushels (168 gallons) for composting. Up to six 30-gallon trash bags of material.
- Size: 68 in. H x 50 in. W x 40 in. D
- Drum Height: 27 in. off the ground
- Drum Materials: Non-toxic powder-coated galvannealed steel, rust-resistant. BPA-free, food grade plastic end caps.
- Frame: Tubular steel with black powder-coated finish
- Drainage: Aerator/Drainage units on the door
- Air Circulation: Screened vents in the end caps
- Turning: Gear-driven handle on frame
- Color: Sage Green
- Time to Finish Compost: Finished compost in as little as a few weeks* (* Compost times depend on ambient temperature and combination of materials being composted.)
- Guarantee: 60 days
- Warranty: 2 years
- 22 cu. ft.
- 40 in.
- 50 in.
- 68 in.